Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pool to be installed July 9th !!!

All the preliminary work is now complete. Permits and zoning approval are finalized, and the PB (Pool Designs, Inc.)has set a July 9th date to begin work.Thank you to allt hose who have emailed or left comments waiting for an update. If all goes well, we should be swimming within 2 weeks of that date. We still need to decide on concrete color, retaining wall block, fencing and a low voltage light system for around the perimeter. Feel free to leave comments if you have been through the process and would like to share tips or things you wish you had/had not done.

One more word about permits. I went to the construction office to pay for the permits, expecting them to be in the $100 range. I was a bit taken aback when I was told the permits came to $1,059! I know some permits run this high, so I tried not to act as though I was about to pass out as I wrote the check. I did mention to the clerk that I was under the impression the permits would be in the $100 range. That's when she decided to look over the paperwork again, only to discover the actual cost was $159!!!Lesson learned: always ask if something does not seem right. I could have easily paid that and never known the difference until it was too late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are all waiting and very excited to see how it comes out, and how your pool builder works with you.